Freezer Warehouse Technician
Category: Entry Level Professionals
Wage Rate: $18.75
Is Full Time: Yes
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is a private, family owned frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid double-digit growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 300 employees across three facilities and 10 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity, and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
A Ziegenfelder Freezer Technician is responsible for:
· Pulling finished products from the production conveyor belt and stacking on pallets properly.
· Checking all products to ensure proper coding.
· Ensuring proper amount of product is neatly stacked on pallets and all boxes on the pallet meet quality standards.
· Wrapping palletized product with plastic stretch wrap.
· Ensuring proper tags are printed and posted on all palletized products.
· Ensuring that inventory is properly entered in appropriate inventory tracking systems.
· Ensuring all palletized product is properly located in warehouse for picking.
· Picking palletized product for shipping.
· Communicating with operations to ensure correct amount of raw materials are readily available for each shift.
· Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local, and Ziegenfelder environmental, health, and safety directives, policies, and procedures.
· Maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· 1 - 3 years of warehouse experience.
· Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English.
· Demonstrated ability to operate electric powered forklifts and electric powered pallet jacks.
· Must be able to work in cold temperatures.
· Must be available to work all shifts to include weekends and holidays.
· Possesses visual acuity to safely operate forklifts and pallet jacks.
· May need to exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 30 lbs. of force frequently, and up to 10 lbs. of force constantly.
· May need to climb, balance, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, push, and pull frequently during a shift.
· Subject to cold temperatures of less than 32F for more than one hour with proper protection equipment.
· May be subject to noise above 85 decibels with proper protection equipment.