Category: Entry Level Professionals
Wage Rate: $28/hr
Is Full Time: Yes
Job description - 4 12's/6pm-6am
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is a private, family-owned frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid double-digit growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 300 employees across three facilities and 10 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
A Ziegenfelder Maintenance Technician 2 is responsible for:
· Ensuring production equipment is set up and maintained to produce quality Ziegenfelder treats ready for delivery to customers.
· Preparing and configuring machinery for scheduled production runs.
· Learn (through hands on training) to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, electronics (PLC’s), and hydraulic systems and providing immediate corrective maintenance support to production lines, conveyor belts, and ancillary production equipment.
· Begin training on TIG, MIG, and Stick welding processes
· Checking and maintaining proper fluid levels in various pieces of equipment.
· Performing overhauls of existing production equipment.
· Installing new production equipment.
· Reading and interpreting equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
· Ability and willingness to complete Maintenance Technician 1 and Maintenance Associate essential functions if needed.
· Complying with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
· This position is responsible for the food safety of our products.
Leaders at all levels and in all roles at Ziegenfelder strive to demonstrate leadership competencies. As Maintenance Technician, you will demonstrate:
· Integrity: Is direct and truthful, is ethical in making decisions and speaks candidly about tough issues. Is open-minded and listens to tribe members at all levels. Is widely trusted by others and keeps confidences.
· Self-awareness: Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
· Accountability: Seeks to take responsibility before placing blame. Able to react when unexpected problems arise, and proactive in developing plans to prevent problems from reoccurring. Admits mistakes, owns failures and commits to deliver expectations and responsibilities.
· Credibility: Makes decisions and problem solves based on regulations, facts, data and science. Clearly understands and communicates performance standards and expectations to others and is willing to hold self and others accountable to performance standards.
· Commitment: Contributes maximum effort to support company initiatives and is tenacious when problem solving for the good of the tribe and organization. Willing to go above and beyond to support success for others and the company.
· Teamwork: Focuses others’ energy on common goals, priorities and problems. Seeks common ground in an effort to resolve conflicts. Works harmoniously with colleagues and departments.
· Initiative: Works to identify and seize opportunities when they arise. Demonstrates initiative and is motivated to drive improvement. Skilled at original thought when evaluating problems and developing action plans. Able to consult with peers and third parties when additional expertise may be needed.
· Values and gives feedback: Seeks out, responds to, shares, and uses feedback.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· High School Education or Equivalent Experience
· Mechanically Minded
· 3-5 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment highly preferred or equivalent/relevant experience.
· Experience as a machinist is a plus
· Experience in TIG process welding a plus
· Metal fabrication a plus
· Ability to motivate in a fast-paced environment.
· Desire to learn, receive feedback, and welcome opportunities to grow from maintenance team members at all levels and locations.
· Candidate must be flexible in working any shift available for this position
· Standing up to 8 hours per day.
· Moving and lifting objects weighing up to 50 lbs. regularly.
· Bending, twisting, reaching and grasping actions.
· Good spatial awareness working around manufacturing equipment.
· Ability to work in temperatures of less than 32F for more than one hour with proper protection equipment.
· May be subject to noise above 85 decibels with proper protection equipment.
· Subject to cold temperatures of less than 32F for more than one hour with proper protection equipment.
May be subject to noise above 85 decibels with proper protection equipment