Human Resource Business Partner - Bilingual
Wage Rate: $78,500-$92,200
Is Full Time: Yes
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is part of the Armstrong Group. The Armstrong Group is a private, family owned and operated collection of diverse companies. What began in 1946 as Armstrong County Line Construction, founded by Jud L. Sedwick in Kittanning, PA, has now grown into an organization that encompasses multiple industries and employs over 2,400 individuals nationwide. Our brands include Armstrong Utilities, Guardian Protection, Armstrong Development, 4Front Solutions, Twin Pops and Armstrong Comfort Solutions.
The Ziegenfelder Company is a frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 400 employees across three facilities and 13 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together, revolutionizing our company, and bringing smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats.
Growing Better Together.
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
As a Human Resources Generalist in our Denver, CO. location you will be responsible for day-to-day Human Resources related functional areas, such as employee relations, training, benefits/leave, compensation administration, policies, procedures, staffing management, and compliance. You will support both our Denver, CO. and our Chino, CA. location so your ability to partner and support a remote location is critical. Your ability to interact with our diverse woven fabric we call our TRIBE will allow you to build trusting relationships and guide our engagement initiatives.
You will be looked to as a business partner who serves, inspires, coaches, mentors, and provides feedback. You will also be a valued contributor in transitioning our HR Department into the People & Culture Department. You will need to demonstrate initiative, personal accountability, integrity, creditability, and strategic thinking. Your actions and decisions will be guided by our Zieggy Essentials, nurturing our culture of values and integrity.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Ziegenfelder. Your skills as a change agent for cultivating potential and increasing engagement will influence and motivate our Ziegenfelder tribe. This includes providing tools and training to be successful and working with each person to develop talents to successfully grow in their careers at Ziegenfelder.
- In collaboration with the Director of Human Resources you are responsible to administer and execute people programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave of absences, staffing, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, morale, employee well-being and training/development.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, you will handle employment-related inquiries from applicants and Tribe members, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate Supervisor/Manager.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Resources you will conduct, coach, and consult in employee disciplinary actions, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Recommended best practices, reviews policies to ensure and maintain compliance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Partner with the Director of Human Resources, Talent Acquisition team to ensure best-in-class employee experience from attraction through off-boarding.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with employment agencies and other recruitment resources.
- Manage the staffing process in partnership with Plant Operations and Talent Acquisition team. This could include employee call-offs, managing plant position openings and roster, turnover tracking, and reporting.
- Monitor employee eligibility for benefit plans. Review benefit packages with employees and process enrollment, cancellations, or changes. Organize and manage annual open enrollment communications and election process.
- Support and recommend employee engagement initiatives.
- Become proficient in HR software programs and ensure accurate timecard submission.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes the data and makes recommendation for improvement.
- Maintain and process all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Leaders at all levels and in all roles at Ziegenfelder strive to demonstrate:
- Integrity: Is direct and truthful, is ethical in making decisions and speaks candidly about tough issues. Is widely trusted by others and keeps confidences.
- Self-awareness: Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
- Accountability: Seeks to take responsibility before placing blame. Admits mistakes, owns failures and works hard to deliver against expectations and responsibilities.
- Credibility: Meets and exceeds performance standards, clearly communicates standards and expectations to others and is willing to hold others accountable to performance standards.
- Commitment: Contributes maximum effort to the task at hand and is willing to sacrifice personal gain for the good of the team and organization. Willing to go above and beyond to support success for others and the company.
- Teamwork: Focuses others’ energy on common goals, priorities, and problems. Seeks common ground in an effort to resolve conflicts. Works harmoniously with other colleagues and departments.
- Initiative: Works to identify and seize opportunities when they arise. Does what is needed to be done without being directed.
- Values and gives feedback: Seeks out, responds to, shares, and uses feedback
- We are looking for a leader who can work in a 24 hour, dynamic, fast-paced growing company and is able to work both autonomously, as well as collaboratively. You must have an expert level of knowledge and drive to create and manage change.
Specific requirements include:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Associates degree required; bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources or Business preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading human resource functions required; 24/7 organization experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and/or experience of CO and CA employment laws strongly preferred.
- SPHR/PHR/SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated and proven ability to connect with people at all levels, teach, train, inspire and lead.
- Standing or sitting up to 8 hours per day.
- Good spatial awareness working around manufacturing equipment.
- Subject to cold temperatures of less than 32F for more than one hour with proper protection equipment.
- May be subject to noise above 85 decibels with proper protection equipment
- This position is based in Denver, CO
- Up to 25% travel.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, and will include an attractive base salary, annual bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits package.