Logistics Billing Specialist
Category: Entry Level Professionals
Wage Rate: $16.00-$18.00
Is Full Time: Yes
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is a private, family owned frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid double-digit growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 300 employees across three facilities and 10 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together and revolutionizing our company to bring smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats
Growing Together: Our journey to achieving “best in class” in people, processes, and innovation.
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
LOGISTICS BILLING SPECIALIST
This role is responsible for proofing customer invoices, resolving carrier rate discrepancies and processing claims. This position will be responsible for maintaining accurate records and assisting with other carrier and customer activities as required. The Logistics Billing Specialist will be responsible for accounts payable as well reviewing carrier bills and approving them for payment. This role will also be responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to ensure excellent customer service to ensure that their accounting expectations and needs are met.
· Collaborate with different departments to understand their clients and related accounting needs.
· Display top-notch customer service skills as you answer inbound email from clients / carriers and build relationships with customer accounting contacts.
· Learn each customer’s invoicing portal and develop processes to maximize collections and minimize billing discrepancies.
· Proactively research payment details and reach out to clients as needed.
· Pull weekly reports and distribute for internal consumption.
· Follow AP trending patterns to predict and prevent past due invoices.
· Strive to meet and exceed aging goals on a consistent basis.
· Settle payments with customers.
· Resolve payment disputes thoroughly, involving management when appropriate.
· Execute administrative tasks, including document uploading and retrieval.
· Represent our client’s brand through transparent and professional communication with customers via phone and email.
· Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Supply Chain function
· 1-2 years of experience working in Accounts Payable is preferred.
· Minimum of 1 year of logistics experience is preferred.
· Have a familiarity with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and be comfortable working with computers
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Interest in developing new skill sets and understanding of the transportation industry
· Ability to work independently and in a small team environment
· Strong work ethic, motivation, and pride in the finished work product
· Familiarity with basic accounting principles and procedures.
· Ability to deal with claims, collections, and settlements.
· Solid data entry skills regarding speed and accuracy.
· A self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced office setting.
· Organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· This position is based in Wheeling, WV.
· Up to 30% domestic travel to our other locations