Sales Support Specialist
Category: Entry Level Professionals
Wage Rate: $50,000-$60,000
Is Full Time: Yes
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is a private, family-owned frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid double-digit growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 300 employees across three facilities and 10 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity, and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together, revolutionizing our company and bringing smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats!
Growing Better Together
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
- A Ziegenfelder Sales Support Specialist is responsible for:
- Liaison between customers and sales to ensure proper scheduling and receiving shipments.
- Responsible for communication between brokers and customers.
- Perform EDI mapping.
- Communicate directly with customers, new and exiting to establish EDI requirements.
- Coordinate and perform transactional testing with trading partners.
- Create reports in Microsoft Navision based on business needs.
- Consolidate, analyze, and forwards daily action summaries by preparing and forwarding sales tracking reports; inputting invoice and bill-back data; researching allowances, rebates, and special prices; tracking, consolidating, analyzing, and summarizing expenses
- Resolves customer issues by investigating; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to team.
- Responsible for and ensure that all ASN (Advanced Shipping Notice) is completed
- Ensuring that all billing and sales expenses complete and paid out in a timely manner
- Contributes to sales and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results
- Build working internal relationships revolving around customer service/purchasing groups.
- Receives all sales orders from customers and coordinates appropriately.
- Create and distribute customer pick up schedules and daily sales order reports
- Overseeing the timely delivery of products needed to fulfill customer orders.
- Maintaining communication between customers and supply chain to ensure customer orders are complete.
- Inputting and processing all orders.
- Communicate and maintain sales expectations with customers.
- Reviews cases and ensures arrival of all expected product to our customer.
- Ability to adjust daily work schedule as needed to meet customer and production requirements at all locations.
Leaders at all levels and in all roles at Ziegenfelder strive to demonstrate leadership competencies. As Sales Support Specialist you will demonstrate:
Integrity: Is direct and truthful, is ethical in making decisions and speaks candidly about tough issues. Is open-minded and listens to tribe members at all levels. Is widely trusted by others and keeps confidences.
Self-awareness: Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
Accountability: Seeks to take responsibility before placing blame. Able to react when unexpected problems arise, and proactive in developing plans to prevent problems from reoccurring. Admits mistakes, owns failures and commits to deliver expectations and responsibilities.
Credibility: Makes decisions and problem solves based on regulations, facts, data and science. Clearly understands and communicates performance standards and expectations to others and is willing to hold self and others accountable to performance standards.
Commitment: Contributes maximum effort to support company initiatives and is tenacious when problem solving for the good of the tribe and organization. Willing to go above and beyond to support success for others and the company.
Teamwork: Focuses others’ energy on common goals, priorities and problems. Seeks common ground in an effort to resolve conflicts. Works harmoniously with colleagues and departments.
Initiative: Works to identify and seize opportunities when they arise. Demonstrates initiative and is motivated to drive improvement. Skilled at original thought when evaluating problems and developing action plans. Able to consult with peers and third parties when additional expertise may be needed.
Values and gives feedback: Seeks out, responds to, shares, and uses feedback.
High School degree preferred or related experience.
3-5 years of experience in administrative role.
Ability to proactively trouble shoot issues.
Experience or ability to learn Microsoft Navision.
Preferred experience with a rapidly growing company and facilities across the country.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high level of intellectual curiosity, and a passion and desire to understand and improve upon business processes.
Ability to instill a positive team environment. Must be able to communicate comfortably with all levels of the organization
Excellent communication skills – phone, in person and virtual.
Proficient with Excel.
Standing or sitting up to 8 hours per day.