Learning and Development Specialist
Category: Experienced Professionals
Wage Rate: $45,000-$55,000
Is Full Time: Yes
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is a private, family owned frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid double-digit growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 300 employees across three facilities and 10 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together and revolutionizing our company to bring smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats
Growing Together: Our journey to achieving “best in class” in people, processes, and innovation.
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
As our Learning & Development Specialist, you will have the exciting opportunity to take the lead in the creation, implementation, and maintenance of Talent Development programs for Ziegenfelder. You will be responsible for staying up to date and enhancing the quality of educational materials as well as govern compliance with the required training needs for personnel across the company.
- Drive the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of unique and engaging learning & development content to support company initiatives.
- Manage LMS (Learning Management System) system to ensure consistent, branded, engaging and up to date content, while focusing on an effective learner experience.
- Create, update, distribute and maintain training records; Build into the LMS as the ultimate transcript
- Maintain LMS user accounts, resolve technical issues and educate as necessary.
- Work closely with Functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to identify training needs, ongoing changes necessary to existing materials, or mode of delivery (i.e., classroom, CBT, self-directed).
- Work with end-users, SMEs, and external partners for e-learning services/ Learning Management Systems functionality.
- Work closely with the marketing and SMEs to create easy-to use, high impact training materials based on the demographics of the workforce including native languages and disabilities.
- Support the development of key performance indicators to measure training completion and material comprehension.
- Work with SME’s (Subject Matter Experts) to analyze developmental needs and recommend training methods.
- Identify and develop relationships with outside vendors, schools, and other educational service providers to support ongoing educational offerings.
- Seek grants or low-cost training partnerships with community partners, technical schools or
- Consult with the workforce on additional education and training needs to advance their understanding and career development.
- 3-5 years experience in a Training or related field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or similar industry
- Experience with the administration and maintenance of Learning Management Systems
- Experience developing testing materials, gaming or similar experience a plus
- Proven organizational and leadership skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of initiative
- Excellent writing skills or technical writing experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Passion for helping all kinds of people, from all walks of life, succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- This position is based in Wheeling, WV.
- Up to 30% domestic travel to our other locations