Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is part of the Armstrong Group. The Armstrong Group is a private, family owned and operated collection of diverse companies. What began in 1946 as Armstrong County Line Construction, founded by Jud L. Sedwick in Kittanning, PA, has now grown into an organization that encompasses multiple industries and employs over 2,400 individuals nationwide. Our brands include Armstrong Utilities, Guardian Protection, Armstrong Development, 4Front Solutions, Twin Pops and Armstrong Comfort Solutions.
The Ziegenfelder Company is a frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV, Chino, CA, and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 400 employees across three facilities and 12 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 2.2 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together, revolutionizing our company and bringing smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats!
Growing Better Together
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
As a financial analyst you will be a key partner to Ziegenfelder’s Finance & Accounting Tribe. This role requires you to be a strategic thinker and doer who is able to develop and implement processes and drive financial analysis while being a well-respected and valued partner across the organization. You will be responsible for supporting the company-wide financial planning & analysis processes, conducting analytics on company financials, implementing new processes for a growing organization, managing & implementing FP&A system tools, and providing broad decision support analytics to assist business leaders.
In this capacity you will support our forecast and planning efforts across the company as well as all analytics and reporting. You will think critically about the company’s short- and long-term strategic and financial priorities and actively seek out opportunities to drive and influence top-line value and operating leverage.
This role, supported by a strong Finance & Accounting Tribe, will assist in developing and driving a proactive, collaborative partnership among the leadership team, driving constructive and engaging conversations, monitoring stakeholder feedback, and identifying trends and opportunities to advance Ziegenfelder’s overall business & mission.
The Ziegenfelder Financial Analyst is responsible for:
- Ensuring an efficient, effective, and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives.
- Spearheading the implementation and optimization of forecasting tools and integrating these tools with an interactive dashboard platform such as Power BI.
- Performing in-depth financial analysis, building strategic models, and developing fact-based recommendations to help the leadership team make informed business decisions.
- Driving alignment and consistency within the business areas including Sales, Operations, Engineering, Marketing and HR. Partnering with each area to understand needs and provide tools and processes they can leverage.
- Examining and evaluating the cost-efficiency of each department, considering what percentage of the company’s financial resources each department consumes.
- Preparing internal reports for executive leadership to support their decision making.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations.
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward.
- Supporting the monthly close and reporting process, along with providing analytical analysis and decision support.
- Forecasting analysis for customer modeling and business development to support company growth.
- Developing a genuine curiosity and eagerness to learn our business and product, which would then be conveyed in your work produced.
Leaders at all levels and in all roles at Ziegenfelder strive to demonstrate leadership competencies. As Financial Analyst, you will demonstrate:
- Integrity: Is direct and truthful, is ethical in making decisions and speaks candidly about tough issues. Is open-minded and listens to tribe members at all levels. Is widely trusted by others and keeps confidences.
- Self-awareness: Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
- Accountability: Seeks to take responsibility before placing blame. Able to react when unexpected problems arise, and proactive in developing plans to prevent problems from reoccurring. Admits mistakes, owns failures and commits to deliver expectations and responsibilities.
- Credibility: Makes decisions and problem solves based on regulations, facts, data and science. Clearly understands and communicates performance standards and expectations to others and is willing to hold self and others accountable to performance standards.
- Commitment: Contributes maximum effort to support company initiatives and is tenacious when problem solving for the good of the tribe and organization. Willing to go above and beyond to support success for others and the company.
- Teamwork: Focuses others’ energy on common goals, priorities and problems. Seeks common ground in an effort to resolve conflicts. Works harmoniously with colleagues and departments.
- Initiative: Works to identify and seize opportunities when they arise. Demonstrates initiative and is motivated to drive improvement. Skilled at original thought when evaluating problems and developing action plans. Able to consult with peers and third parties when additional expertise may be needed.
- Values and gives feedback: Seeks out, responds to, shares, and uses feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Data/Business Analytics, Economics, Statistics, or Mathematics required
- 5+ years of financial analyst or business data analyst experience/understanding at an enterprise level.
- Demonstrated sound analytical depth and strong technical capability in finance and scenario modeling.
- Ability to work in a rigorous environment where priorities can change quickly; strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), as well as experienced with budgeting, financial reporting and general ledger software applications.
- MBA with a concentration in Business, Accounting, or Finance or CPA
- M&A experience preferred, CapEx modeling, scenario planning
- Experience with Microsoft Navision, PowerBI, Excel Forecasting Models
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- This position is located in Wheeling, West Virginia