WHEELING, WV - FINANCE
Based in Wheeling, WV, the Ziegenfelder Company is part of the Armstrong Group. The Armstrong Group is a private, family owned and operated collection of diverse companies. What began in 1946 as Armstrong County Line Construction, founded by Jud L. Sedwick in Kittanning, PA, has now grown into an organization that encompasses multiple industries and employs over 2,400 individuals nationwide. Our brands include Armstrong Utilities, Guardian Protection, Armstrong Development, 4Front Solutions, Twin Pops and Armstrong Comfort Solutions.
The Ziegenfelder Company is a frozen novelty manufacturer that focuses solely on producing the highest quality frozen ice novelties, commonly referred to as twin pops. We are the largest manufacturer of twin pops in the country with production facilities in Wheeling, WV; Chino, CA; and Denver, CO.
The Ziegenfelder Company has averaged solid growth for the past 15 years while growing our tribe from 60 employees in one facility with three production lines to over 400 employees across three facilities and 13 production lines. Core to our success has always been making the highest quality, best tasting products in the market and selling them to valued customers at the best possible price. The Ziegenfelder Company owns and produces the brand Budget Saver, as well as, licensed and private labeled products for premiere retailers, such as Albertsons, Dollar General, Kroger, and Walmart. 24/7 operations in our three facilities, generates over 4 million pops per day.
Ziegenfelder’s growth and success is clearly due to our dedicated tribe. We value integrity, creativity and innovation, and are committed to positively impacting our workforce and the communities in which we live and work.
Growing together, revolutionizing our company and bringing smiles to every home in America.
Making people smile with really cool treats!
Growing Better Together
ZIEGGY ESSENTIALS – T.W.I.N.S.
Think Tribe First
Win by Always doing the Right Thing
Inspire Each Other
Nurture our Zieggy Economy
The Systems Analyst will become the “subject matter expert”, both from a business perspective and a system functionality perspective, for his/her defined area of the system(s). The Systems Analyst will own the proper documentation and sign off that the requirements are being delivered with the end solution. The Systems Analyst will be the spokesperson and become the expert for all projects assigned. The Systems Analyst will bridge information gaps and communicate effectively to ensure all parties understand the project at hand and what is to be built.
The Ziegenfelder Systems Analyst is responsible for:
Business Process Development
- Definition of business problem and determine functional options for solutions.
- Work with business sponsor to create realistic business use cases that determine the process that a user will execute when using the new and/or enhanced system.
- Create business process test cases to test the new and/or enhanced system.
Functional Specification development & Business Requirements documentation.
- As needed, work with business sponsor to determine business requirements for new and/or enhanced system requests.
- Create and own any necessary documentation for new and/or enhanced system development.
- Hold requirements and review sessions, when needed, with cross-functional team members (Business sponsors, IT, other Business Analysts, operations, and training group).
Scope change control
- Monitor all issues associated with their area of responsibility.
- Work with business sponsors, other IT function areas and IT management to prioritize issues.
- Work with IT Leadership to determine resources and timing.
Quality Assurance Testing
- Develop and execute system test plans to ensure Functional Specifications are delivered.
- Document test results
- User Acceptance Testing
- Coordinate and execute user acceptance testing sessions.
- Assist training department and conduct application training when required.
- Conduct/Assist in the development of the training material for the end user group
- Conduct/Assist with hands on training sessions for end user group
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of accurate project status information that is communicated to the business sponsor(s) on regular scheduled intervals.
- Participate in annual budgeting and day to day project management process to set scope, sizing and resourcing needs for upcoming projects.
Primary contact for production issues escalation
- Determine actual issue.
- Gather important data necessary for troubleshooting.
- Work with Business sponsor and IT management to determine priority and resourcing.
- Work with IT and Business Sponsor team members to resolve issues.
Leaders at all levels and in all roles at Ziegenfelder strive to demonstrate leadership competencies. As System Analyst, you will demonstrate:
Integrity: Is direct and truthful, is ethical in making decisions and speaks candidly about tough issues. Is open-minded and listens to tribe members at all levels. Is widely trusted by others and keeps confidences.
Self-awareness: Has an accurate picture of strengths and weaknesses and is willing to improve.
Accountability: Seeks to take responsibility before placing blame. Able to react when unexpected problems arise, and proactive in developing plans to prevent problems from reoccurring. Admits mistakes, owns failures and commits to deliver expectations and responsibilities.
Credibility: Makes decisions and problem solves based on regulations, facts, data and science. Clearly understands and communicates performance standards and expectations to others and is willing to hold self and others accountable to performance standards.
Commitment: Contributes maximum effort to support company initiatives and is tenacious when problem solving for the good of the tribe and organization. Willing to go above and beyond to support success for others and the company.
Teamwork: Focuses others’ energy on common goals, priorities and problems. Seeks common ground in an effort to resolve conflicts. Works harmoniously with colleagues and departments.
Initiative: Works to identify and seize opportunities when they arise. Demonstrates initiative and is motivated to drive improvement. Skilled at original thought when evaluating problems and developing action plans. Able to consult with peers and third parties when additional expertise may be needed.
Values and gives feedback: Seeks out, responds to, shares, and uses feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; those without a degree who possess high intellectual horsepower will also be considered.
- 2 years in a business role as a power user or subject matter expert for a specific business process.
- Ability to work in a rigorous environment where priorities can change quickly; strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and an endless want to improve every day.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills. Must get along well in a team environment.
- A strong self-starter
- Ability to development project plans and build business flows/processes.
- Ability to function as an analyst, project manager, quality assurance tester, and master communicator who brings people together and is comfortable driving meetings.
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management.
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP systems and business processes is a plus.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), as well as experienced with budgeting, financial reporting and general ledger software applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Navision
- Sitting or standing up to 8 hours per day
- Moving and lifting objects weighing up to 25 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds frequently
This position is located in Wheeling, West Virginia